Saturday, September 6, 2008

US Open


Went to the quarterfinal match of the US Open between Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic last Thursday! My seat was located in section 307, on the Lower Promenade. Which meant that I kinda sat in the 'Nose bleed section', but surprisingly I had a good view of the court. Prior to the match, Michael Chang and Todd Martin played an exhibition match, which Martin won by 8-4. Djokovic won the match by 6-2 6-3 3-6 7-6 (7-5). Roddick had an off-day, as he made a lot of errors. I was pretty dissapointed when he lost the second set, I feared the match wouldn't last very long (I wanted to see a five-setter!). Luckily he came back in the third set and almost got the fourth set, but I guess he choked again and Djokovic was just too good. It was just an amazing experience, to actually go and see an US Open match. What surprised me though, was how rude (a portion of) the crowd was. Sure, I get that the majority was rooting for Roddick, but some people just couldn't keep their mouth shut when Djokovic was serving. After the match he managed to piss the crowd off, by saying something to the likes of:"Andy said I had 16 injuries in the last match, obviously I don't right?" Resulting in boos from the crowd.

Michael Chang

Todd Martin pretending to be injured ;)


Arriving on court


Toss


Booing about to start...

1 comment:

SteveZ said...

sang..met wie was je gegaan?